Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I Get A Witness?!

So, constantly I am thinking no one will believe me when I tell them something crazy-smart and unbelievable that Charlotte did or said. It's always nice to be able to have some corroborate how awesome you think your kids are, but sometimes she's so precocious that I feel like I need actual proof of something so that people won't think I'm just blowing smoke. A couple of times recently, we've been out and about and she's shown her smarts around people we know who've been blown away by her and it's so refreshing to not be at home fumbling for the camera so that I can document it for Justin or to remember all of the wonderful times we're having with our kids. Yesterday, Martha (Julian's teacher) came over for a home visit and she was able to observe Charlotte walking around saying, among many other things, her alphabet backwards. Seriously, WTF? How does she know that? I mean, I feel like she's been hazed or something b/c that's the only time I've ever been able to say any type of alphabet backwards (in GREEK!) Maybe I should start holding a match upside down while she's saying it and then paddle her if she doesn't get it right. Ahem, I mean, I don't know anything about that...

Anyway, she also told me yesterday that a little boy, who wouldn't speak to her after she kept trying to engage him, was "bashful." I was cracking up. Bashful! She also calls me "dollface" and "chocolate eyes" and I just melt b/c I think that is so adorable. Another favorite is listening to her walk around singing the "Activia" song or "Swine Fever," from an SNL skit that Uncle Bobby taught her. She is so. much. fun. It's like hanging out with a friend and being silly, I think pretty soon I'm gonna put her up to prank calls with me. For any of my old college crew who may be reading this you might like this reference: "I got yo' pizza in da lobby!" Ah, good times.

Anyway, for every bit of spicy that Charlotte is Julian is sweet and is constantly loving on me and let me just tell you, I don't care if it's "developmentally appropriate" or not, I freaking love it. He is so sweet and gentle and such a kind soul, I'm just so thankful to have a child like him. He's so lovable and docile. And they're mine, all mine!! I'm so infinitely lucky!

Ok, gotta run to go help with sledding at Julian's school, but I promise to write a funny blog soon, and perhaps w/ slightly less bragging. Maybe. Meh, never mind that last part. I will try to make it funny though. Promise.

1 comment: